Identity of orange stuffed animal with large eyes?

I'm hoping to find and own this stuffed animal. It is a large eyed orange thing with arms, legs, and a small tuff of dark hair on top of its head. Any ideas on who makes or sells it?
posted by Feisty to Grab Bag (7 answers total)

Looks like an Ugly Doll to me, or at least reminiscent of one.
posted by messylissa at 1:58 PM on August 18, 2008

yeah, looks like an ugly doll knockoff.
posted by misanthropicsarah at 2:13 PM on August 18, 2008

Response by poster: messylissa, I thought so too. The toy will be used to comfort a dog. Sadly, the Ugly Doll doesn't seem like it'd hold up to some chewing.
posted by Feisty at 2:31 PM on August 18, 2008

You could probably make your own pretty easily...I had a friend who made Ugly Dolls for her kids stuffing and hand-stitching felt cutouts together (you just need the front and back). If you found some heavier fabric, you'd be in good shape.
posted by messylissa at 2:37 PM on August 18, 2008

Best answer: You could request someone make it on Etsy: Alchemy. I'm sure if it was custom made they could make it durable enough for a little chewing.
posted by Ugh at 4:31 PM on August 18, 2008

I would recommend something strange if you are going to make it yourself. I repair my dog's toys by using dental floss.....it is stronger than regular thread. I am sure there is something else out there that would work, but I always have it handy.
posted by rvrlvr at 5:35 PM on August 19, 2008

Response by poster: messylissa, I agree it looks simple to make - I wish I had the ability.

Ugh, thanks for the link! What a cool feature to Etsy.
posted by Feisty at 11:38 AM on August 31, 2008

« Older From Politically Passive to Politically Active   |   Good uses for an old memory foam mattress topper? Newer »