find an operatic version of this folk favorite?

Can you help me find an mp3/dvd/mp4/n-e-thing of the operatic and maybe-BBC Last Night of the Proms rendition of Stephen Foster's Camptown Races?

I have only seen this once on Classic Arts Showcase, but its an operatic version of the folksong Camptown Races. I have pinned it down to what I think is the BBC Last Night of the Proms 2000, but what I can find of that online either cuts it out or doesn't mention it.

Anyway, I believe the composer of the piece was Percy Grainger, but I might be completely wrong. Maybe you remember it? I would be grateful if you helped me find it or a confirmed reference of it.
posted by parmanparman to Grab Bag (3 answers total)

This Observer article confirms the details you have. The DVD can be found on Amazon. There are 37 used/new copies there currently.
posted by wannalol at 2:29 PM on July 31, 2008

The piece is called “Tribute to Foster”. Since you’re in the US, you may be able to play it on Rhapsody.
posted by mpt at 3:05 PM on July 31, 2008

I found it on Itunes but the track I wanted was "album only" which was lame. I got the whole thing, it's really a great album.
posted by parmanparman at 7:39 PM on July 31, 2008

« Older I want a MANLY sewing machine!   |   Good source for attractive doorhandles? Newer »