My DJ plays and his music stays in your mind for days

What song and artist is played in this video? The key line seems to be "you don't know the way we flow in Chicago."

I heard this featured in a DJ set at the Blue Nile in Minneapolis, and I think it was being sampled in another track, so bonus points if you know what that might have been. I found this video searching for the most memorable lyric, the only results I came up, so either I got the lyric wrong or it's sort of obscure. I know I could try contacting the person who made the video and I suppose I will if you all come up blank. And boo on people who don't even credit the music they appropriate for their homemade snapshot reels.
posted by nanojath to Media & Arts (5 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

Have you asked Alaina?

For the record, Shazam didn't recognize it, so maybe its an unsigned demo?
posted by softlord at 5:33 PM on July 28, 2008

It looks like I'm coming up blank so I did contact the video maker. It forced me to sign into my MySpace account, something I avoid at all costs, so it was sort of a stretch, but you gotta do...

I'll update this if I get an answer from her.
posted by nanojath at 7:34 PM on July 28, 2008

From the maker of the linked video (who was super nice and a former Minneapolitan, and now I feel like a dink for complaining about her not attributing the song in her video):

Song Title: Chicago
Artist: Ugochi Nwaogwugwu
Album: American Butafly (I think that is actually African Buttafly)
posted by nanojath at 8:30 PM on July 28, 2008

The album is available on iTunes Plus as well, incidentally.
posted by nanojath at 8:38 PM on July 28, 2008

And, uh, Amazon.
posted by nanojath at 8:42 PM on July 28, 2008

« Older Why wont the iPod Touch apps work!   |   Vitamin Blecchh Newer »