can front row be bookmarked?

Can Front Row be run in a window, or can videos being played in front row be bookmarked? I hate to have to try to skip back to where i was in a movie or tv show after doing something else...
posted by luriete to Computers & Internet (6 answers total)

Are the items you are playing in Front Row in your iTunes library? If so, highlight one of your items in iTunes, hit Cmd+I to pull up the item's properties and go to the Options tab. Check to see if "Remember playback position" is checked.
posted by phrayzee at 2:30 PM on July 26, 2008

No, it's too hard to convert video files and add them to itunes.. i found that with perian installed, I can just dump all video content in my "movies" folder and it plays fine through front row. Darn.
posted by luriete at 3:03 PM on July 26, 2008

You could play the videos in QuickTime since that can be run in a window. It doesn't do bookmarks though, but it is pretty easy to jog to the section if you have to shut the app down. Since all Front Row is is a front end for QuickTime anyway the Perian codecs will work just fine.
posted by birdherder at 3:17 PM on July 26, 2008

yeah and i can minimize qt, too, without losing my spot... too bad front row doesn't do that. good idea, that's what i'll do.
posted by luriete at 3:19 PM on July 26, 2008

You don't have to convert your non-native videos to add them to iTunes, you can just create a reference movie and add that. More details here.
posted by Cogito at 3:35 PM on July 26, 2008

VLC media player FTW.

The mac interface is smooth, works with Expose, you can even play fullscreen while using windowed apps on top of the video. Best player out there.
posted by limited slip at 4:25 PM on July 28, 2008

« Older alarm force touchtone codes   |   CanadaFilter: Moving Ottawa to West coast. Newer »