how was your day at work?

Funny blogs, forums or websites written about different types of workplaces?

I love reading about what really goes on in different workplaces. In particular I've enjoyed stuff like waiterrant and true porn clerk stories, as well as lists of idiotic IT helpdesk questions and ridiculous 911 calls.
Basically anything that that has interesting and funny stories from an insider about what it's like to work day-to-day in a particular industry. Any recommendations?
posted by vodkaboots to Computers & Internet (6 answers total) 12 users marked this as a favorite

Customers Suck is mainly for retail workers, but covers a lot of different workplaces; Baristas is self-explanatory.
posted by TochterAusElysium at 9:35 AM on July 26, 2008 [1 favorite]

Acts Of Gord, about owning a video game store.
posted by clcapps at 10:20 AM on July 26, 2008

It's not updated much anymore, but Anonymous Lawyer is a pretty accurate, albeit satirical, picture of big law life.
posted by ajr at 1:32 PM on July 26, 2008

After a plane had some taxiing difficulties at the Frankfurt Airport

Impatient Frankfurt Air Traffic Controller: "Speedbird 206, have you not been to Frankfurt before?"
SpeedBird 206: "Yes, twice in 1944, but it was dark,... and I didn't land."

Some Air Traffic Controller stories and quotes I stumbled across.
posted by clearly at 1:57 PM on July 26, 2008

« Older On the Mundane Aspects of Imprisonment   |   Puppy Poison Control Hotline Newer »