Help me make a Yankee fan's day!

Where can I find unique (or historic) prints of Yankee Stadium to give as a special gift?

I'm hoping to surprise a die-hard Yankees fan (and native New Yorker, living in California) with a unique print of Yankee Stadium. Any suggestions for websites featuring something more special than the common stadium photograph that are being pawned all over the place during this final year of its use? This could be a historical photograph or artist's rendering.

I would also consider commissioning a local artist to do a one-of-a-kind drawing or depiction, so suggestions of NY-based artists who would consider doing this sort of thing are also welcome.
posted by Asherah to Grab Bag (4 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

New York Times store
posted by Cool Papa Bell at 9:30 PM on July 25, 2008

How much do you want to spend?

I like Night Game on this page. And this photo, although I haven't been able to find it printed.
posted by JaredSeth at 6:09 AM on July 26, 2008

Graig Kreindler is a local (NY) artist who does [almost] exclusively baseball works, and is open to commissions. I don't know if he has any prints available right now, but he just did an event at the All Star Game Fan Fest with Don Mattingly that included prints, so he may have some left over (contact him via that link).

[Full Disclosure: Graig is a personal friend of mine.] And, strangely enough, I also know the artist of Night Game that JaredSeth linked to.
posted by bah213 at 7:55 AM on July 26, 2008

« Older Why does my iPod hate my computer (or vice versa)?   |   Is there an "aggregating" web-site for sellers of... Newer »