its a tureen, its not a tureen. what is it?
July 22, 2008 1:27 AM   Subscribe

What is this item? image1 image2(its NOT called a soup tureen, i'm pretty sure) I believe it is used in indian or middle easter cooking...
posted by chasles to Food & Drink (4 answers total)
It looks like a tagine, from Morocco.
posted by jacalata at 1:32 AM on July 22, 2008

yay thank you! my google fu failed me.

posted by chasles at 1:35 AM on July 22, 2008

This is actually a morocco food. It is unique ceramic cookware and it is called tajine used to cook rice or stew.
posted by omaralarifi at 1:50 AM on July 22, 2008

Tagine... fantastic. Nice recipe here, if you decide to pick some up.
posted by davemee at 4:42 AM on July 22, 2008

« Older PhilosophyFilter: The burden of choice- When did...   |   How do I get from 4th-on-the-list to 'Hired!'? Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.