Polypropylene recycling in NYC?

Where can I recycle corrugated plastic in New York City? It appears to be the dreaded plastic #5 (polypropylene). I have about 35 sheets.
posted by the jam to Shopping (5 answers total)

Best answer: I've had great luck getting rid of raw materials on craigslist for free.
posted by bottlebrushtree at 10:10 PM on July 20, 2008 [1 favorite]

Response by poster: I should add that the sheets have nail punctures along the edges of them and are somewhat warped.
posted by the jam at 10:31 PM on July 20, 2008

Best answer: I don't suppose you've got an indie filmmaker lying around who needs signs to direct his crew to their shoot, do you? That stuff's ubiquitous everywhere there's a film shoot out here in LA, and a few nail holes and some warping wouldn't matter if they were just getting tacked to telephone poles.
posted by fairytale of los angeles at 12:36 AM on July 21, 2008

Best answer: Stuff like this is easy to reuse. A post on freecycle around here would have them gone immediately and people would come and pick them up.
posted by Mitheral at 8:21 AM on July 21, 2008

Response by poster: Posted on Craigslist, found a taker within an hour. Thanks for helping me not be a jerk to the environment.
posted by the jam at 4:31 PM on July 21, 2008

« Older Someone took a picture / of Kate Moss doing lines...   |   Is there a spin doctor in the house? Newer »