Polypropylene recycling in NYC?

Where can I recycle corrugated plastic in New York City? It appears to be the dreaded plastic #5 (polypropylene). I have about 35 sheets.
posted by the jam to Shopping (5 answers total)

I've had great luck getting rid of raw materials on craigslist for free.
posted by bottlebrushtree at 10:10 PM on July 20, 2008 [1 favorite]

I should add that the sheets have nail punctures along the edges of them and are somewhat warped.
posted by the jam at 10:31 PM on July 20, 2008

I don't suppose you've got an indie filmmaker lying around who needs signs to direct his crew to their shoot, do you? That stuff's ubiquitous everywhere there's a film shoot out here in LA, and a few nail holes and some warping wouldn't matter if they were just getting tacked to telephone poles.
posted by fairytale of los angeles at 12:36 AM on July 21, 2008

Stuff like this is easy to reuse. A post on freecycle around here would have them gone immediately and people would come and pick them up.
posted by Mitheral at 8:21 AM on July 21, 2008

Posted on Craigslist, found a taker within an hour. Thanks for helping me not be a jerk to the environment.
posted by the jam at 4:31 PM on July 21, 2008

« Older Someone took a picture / of Kate Moss doing lines...   |   Is there a spin doctor in the house? Newer »