Internet Famous Mp3 - Anyone remember it?

Can anyone remember the name of the song, popular on the internet around 1998 or so, if I remember right it centered around a geek and his girlfriend. I only remember the line, "Mulder finally saw his UFO."

The line was made in reference to The X-Files movie, which was released in 1998 and is what I'm basing my time frame off of.

I realize this is very little to go off of, but maybe someone remembers?
posted by MrHappyGoLucky to Media & Arts (5 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

It doesn't have anything about Mulder seeing an UFO in there but Catatonia had a minor hit in 1998 with Mulder and Scully.
posted by bjrn at 2:17 PM on July 20, 2008

There's a whole list of songs riffing on the X-files here...any look familiar?
posted by iconomy at 2:20 PM on July 20, 2008

David Duchovny Why Don't You Love Me?
posted by dobie at 2:28 PM on July 20, 2008

No luck so far :(

This was quite literally some guy in his house, who uploaded an mp3 to a webpage. I do remember it was quite popular though.
posted by MrHappyGoLucky at 4:00 PM on July 20, 2008

I think you have to have the lyric at least partially wrong -- there's, highly oddly enough, only 12 Google hits for the phrase "Mulder finally saw." If this was a Internet-famous MP3, then at the very least one or two fans here and there would've stuck it in their sigs.
posted by WCityMike at 8:29 AM on July 22, 2008

« Older Help me become a better essay writer.   |   Editing math papers for spelling and grammar -... Newer »