how to design a band logo?
July 19, 2008 8:35 AM   Subscribe

Hello me and my father are planning on starting a band anyone know any good free programmes for a band logo or something like that?
posted by the schizophrenic mouse to Media & Arts (7 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

Gimp
posted by norabarnacl3 at 9:01 AM on July 19, 2008

If you are using Windows, Paint.NET might be preferable to GIMP.
posted by puffin at 9:16 AM on July 19, 2008

On second thought, if you want to create a logo that is scalable (i.e., you can make a single version and then blow it up to any size and it won't look blurry or choppy), use an SVG editor like Inkscape.
posted by puffin at 9:17 AM on July 19, 2008

If you try to make a band logo using Inkscape or GIMP, without any prior training or experience in design, there are very good odds that your output will be utter shit. Please start this process with a pencil and a piece of paper. If you can't do it in that medium, you can't do it on the computer.
posted by Optimus Chyme at 10:06 AM on July 19, 2008

Quick and dirty
CoolText
posted by spartacusroosevelt at 2:39 PM on July 19, 2008

2nding Gimp. Awesome for the price (free!)
posted by Rykey at 3:39 PM on July 19, 2008

gimp = raster art, hard to print nicely on your posters and tshirts. inkscape = vector art, far better for printing.

But unless you have a pretty good sense of design, you may want to outsource it to any of a thousand graphic designers who do quick and dirty logo work- just google for it.
posted by jenkinsEar at 6:33 PM on July 19, 2008

« Older Help a comix n00b find his footing   |   Where is a cheap and secure place to leave a car... Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.