Where have all the good domains gone? Help name my website!
July 18, 2008 6:06 AM   Subscribe

Help me name my service rating, community website.

We don't like the current proposals for a name and are hoping the creativity of the hive mind can help. The site is an online community which provides reliable reviews of service businesses for homeowners. It is like yelp.com but focused more on home services. Key words that I've been thinking of are grapevine, word of mouth, spread, reliable, guide, service, review, trust, community, neighbor, home.

If the domain is available that is great, but I'm open to all suggestions which might lead to an interesting, memorable name. Thanks in advance.
posted by Gomez_in_the_South to Writing & Language (10 answers total)

everygoodturn.com
posted by netbros at 6:32 AM on July 18, 2008

WompieJawg.com
posted by TeachTheDead at 6:44 AM on July 18, 2008

grapey.com, grapeguide.com, goodgrape.com, homeroo.com, homeburger.com, handyhunter.com, goodhomegossip.com, hesagoodguy.com, heisagoodguy, (when people say call so-and-so, he's a good guy) whoisgood.com, (s)heisgood.com, gooda.com, moobor (play on neighbor, but... moo)
posted by perpetualstroll at 7:03 AM on July 18, 2008

trustthegrapevine.com
posted by horsemuth at 7:42 AM on July 18, 2008

hometoolers.com
posted by FreezBoy at 8:45 AM on July 18, 2008

a site i worked on helps you to find good domain names. currently in private beta, but if you request an invite, you should get approved in a few hours.
posted by kamelhoecker at 9:06 AM on July 18, 2008

Abstract:

Houseofcrows.com
helpfuldoggy.com

or slightly more literal:

homesignalrelay.com
homingsignals.com
Newtelegraph.com
raisingbarns.com

or:
housespider.com

I like abstract stuff, myself. But you could maybe go less poetic and more abstract, which is what everyone does to deal with all the domain squatters too ('flickr' is an example.)

neighbrhood.com
or
yrneighbors.com
posted by A Terrible Llama at 10:39 AM on July 18, 2008

Thanks everyone for your input. A Terrible Llama, you are right, I like the abstract names too, as long as they are easy to spell and remember and have a link to concept.

kamelhoecker - I'll take you up on your offer and have requested an invite. Thanks.

I'll post back here when the final result is known.
posted by Gomez_in_the_South at 10:06 AM on July 19, 2008

wordofmouth.com
posted by allkindsoftime at 3:50 AM on August 3, 2008

Just to close this thread, I followed up with another question later.
posted by Gomez_in_the_South at 12:07 PM on October 28, 2008

« Older PerfectPacking Hack for Travel   |   miami beach hotel Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.