How do I stop vicious libel?
July 11, 2008 6:21 PM   Subscribe

Canadian Libel Lawfilter: How do I send a cease & desist for libel made on the internet?

A good friend of mine has been the victim of a rather vicious libel attack making claims that she downloaded the contents of a database she did not access and committed libel against the website the database belongs to. Both statements are patently untrue. I'd like to help her write a cease & desist and take other legal steps as necessary. What applicable laws should I be aware of if both parties reside in Vancouver, British Colombia? Is there a good template for writing a Canadian C&D?
posted by MaxK to Law & Government (1 answer total) 1 user marked this as a favorite
If it were just a C&D, I'd copy one. But you're friend either committed libel or is being libelled. Get a lawyer, or whatever a lawyer is called in Cananananda.
posted by orthogonality at 7:25 PM on July 11, 2008

« Older Can you identify this caterpillar?   |   How can I sell these vintage gold watches? Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.