How to keep the favicons in my FF bookmarks visible?

It's hardly the end of the world but the favicons in my bookmarks in Firefox keep disappearing. Is there an extension which will check them and keep them updated without me having to visit them?
posted by feelinglistless to Computers & Internet (6 answers total)

The bug has reportedly been fixed in Firefox proper, but it won't show up until a preview release of 1.0. If you're impatient, you could grab a (possibly buggy) nightly release.
posted by Galvatron at 12:37 PM on August 22, 2004

Response by poster: Thanks. But is there anything which will go off and find them all for me without having to visit the actual sites?
posted by feelinglistless at 1:17 PM on August 22, 2004

Try linkchecker; that might refresh the favicons.
posted by Galvatron at 1:26 PM on August 22, 2004

Response by poster: Tried Linkchecker. Nope.
posted by feelinglistless at 1:57 PM on August 22, 2004

This bug has been "fixed" a number of times since I switched from Moz proper to Firefox (around 0.61), but it has yet to die.
posted by yerfatma at 4:00 PM on August 22, 2004

You can always select the bookmark folder and 'open in tabs'. It can take a minute or two, but it will refresh all the favicons without having to navigate to each site individually. Then just close the window. Not an ideal solution, but it works for now.
posted by fionab at 4:47 PM on August 22, 2004

« Older Reading Kant   |   Ceiling: Black/White/Red Wires. Chandelier:... Newer »