What software makes McCain interesting?

What software are people (most likely) using to create custom videos for Colbert's McCain green screen project?
posted by bingo to Computers & Internet (5 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

Probably After Effects or Shake, if I had to guess-- something that can be used to quickly key out the greenscreen and comp in the background plate.
posted by fairytale of los angeles at 9:37 PM on June 25, 2008

you could ask the people who made the videos...they're all on YT, and i'm sure they'd be happy to tell you what software they used. also, browsing here, i found Adobe After Effects, Final Cut Pro, Final Cut Express, etc...
posted by asras at 7:18 AM on June 26, 2008

Are there free/cheap alternatives to After Effects for people who want to play with green screen technology?
posted by damn dirty ape at 7:28 AM on June 26, 2008

I haven't done it personally, but if you're running OS X, you ought to be able to do simple chroma keying with Quartz Composer, if you're comfortable with that sort of workflow.
posted by uncleozzy at 7:46 AM on June 26, 2008

I've been planning on picking up a creation station to see what software they include. At thirty bucks, it seems pretty cheap compared to anything 'pro'.
posted by nomisxid at 9:22 AM on June 26, 2008

« Older GUI Career Options   |   Hey, someone visited my silly page, why don't you... Newer »