Vas deferens difference
June 20, 2008 7:16 AM   Subscribe

One of my vas deferens is hard and it aches. The other one, not so much.

So on Tuesday I noticed a little bit of an ache in my left testical/base of the penis. I had fairly vigorous sex with the gf that night, and it ached a little worse the next day (I orgasmed at a fairly acute angle). The pain is maybe a 2 or 3 on a scale of 1-10. I can feel my vas deferens/spermal chord, and it is hard and sensitive to prodding - but only the left one. Does anyone have any experience with this? Should I be having any sex at all right now? (Yes, I will be going to see a doctor) Thanks for the answers.
posted by anonymous to Health & Fitness (9 answers total)
Dr asap. Better to get this handled super pronto. Hard tube sore to the touch, something not right about that for sure.
Good luck.
posted by a3matrix at 8:43 AM on June 20, 2008

Likely not the vas, more probably the epididymis. Epididymo-orchitis is common but it requires medical attention.

It also requires superhuman spelling ability.
posted by ikkyu2 at 10:24 AM on June 20, 2008

It is probably something like epididymitis, or minor swelling/infection in some other part of the plumbing. (I have had both).

Go see a urologist. My experience with GP docs in this situation is that they don't have much of a clue what's going on down there and will refer you to a specialist. You may get a prescription anti-inflammatory and directions to take it easy. You may also be referred to get an ultrasound on your boys.
posted by gnutron at 10:41 AM on June 20, 2008

Please see a doctor. Your genitals are nothing to fuck with.
posted by applemeat at 4:10 PM on June 20, 2008 [2 favorites]

Doctor now.
posted by number9dream at 4:20 PM on June 20, 2008

Please don't be shy. A doctor won't think twice about this. Really. S/he won't. Nor will the nurses. Go now, please.
posted by gesamtkunstwerk at 6:56 PM on June 20, 2008

Sounds like a twisted ball, to me. Perhaps from vigorous sex while your boys were swinging around like a pair of monkeys in the jungle. Seems likely it will go away before the doctors open up their doors on Monday. If not, seek medical advice.
posted by Goofyy at 12:04 AM on June 21, 2008

If you had recently lifted anything heavy with a less-than-empty bladder before this showed up, you should tell whoever you see. That's free, unsolicited advice from an ultra-sound technician, who said she sees a lot of Bad Things caused by that. If this does not apply, never mind.
posted by unrepentanthippie at 5:19 PM on June 21, 2008

My vote is also for Epididymitis, having apparently had it myself once mentioned to a doctor a few years later. I wasn't in a situation to see a doctor when it happened, and read that most things down there often take care of themselves over time. In my case I had white chunks come out while urinating for a day or two, so maybe watch for something like that.

I was biking a lot at the time, so my quads were a fair size. The pain woke me up, and I had the impression my balls had gotten scissored between by legs while sleeping.

Just my experience, but I'd n'th a doctor if you can to be on the safe side.
posted by hungrysquirrels at 12:18 PM on June 22, 2008

« Older How do normal people go about finding casual sex?   |   Camping and traveling to Colorado. Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.