Neeed assistance
June 17, 2008 10:26 PM   Subscribe

I am part time and make 100, or so dollars a week.often less what i want to know is can i recieve any goverment assistance i can barely afford insurance. I am trying to find a better job but it isnt going very fast i live in lancaster pa
posted by quseio to Law & Government (8 answers total)
People might be able to help you if you provide more information - are you married? does your spouse provide income? any kids? from your posting history it looks like you don't pay rent - any other benefits from living with your grandmother? etc.
posted by moxiedoll at 11:17 PM on June 17, 2008

You might try the Lancaster County Employment and Training site. They may be able to help you with skills upgrades, job training, resume writing, interview techniques and so on. The Lancaster Urban League may also be able to help with job training. You might also look at the Community Action Partnership. Hope that helps.
posted by cnc at 11:27 PM on June 17, 2008

It's possible that you are elegible for the Earned Income Tax Credit.
posted by Class Goat at 12:35 AM on June 18, 2008

try calling 211. It's like 411, but for stuff like this. also useful for finding doctors and other necessary services.
posted by ArgentCorvid at 6:52 AM on June 18, 2008

[Help, not hectoring, or take it to Metatalk.]
posted by cortex (staff) at 8:12 AM on June 18, 2008

you are almost certainly eligible for food stamps. you can even apply online!
posted by misanthropicsarah at 9:53 AM on June 18, 2008

not married i dont pay rent, i take care of a elderly person for my rent.
posted by quseio at 10:09 PM on June 18, 2008

i was doing ok untill some crap started pileing up on my my vehicle justbroke down and some other things iwont get into
posted by quseio at 10:12 PM on June 18, 2008

« Older Is Square Trade warranty a good idea?   |   Feet to the beat Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.