Anyone remember a NPR/PRI 'search for a baby sitter' story?

NPR or PRI story- About a year ago, I heard a story in which the narrator was attempting to find his long lost baby sitter- a woman named Susan or Sharon?! It seemed like a TAL type story but I don't believe it was Ira Glass. Sadly I missed the ending and have been searching for it ever since. Has anyone heard of the story?
posted by rlm-job to Media & Arts (6 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

Are you sure it's not This American Life? This story sounds like it. "Act One. Ich...Bin...Ein...Mophead"
posted by Science! at 2:56 PM on June 16, 2008 [1 favorite]

I heard it too. I'm sure it *was* TAL, but now I can't find the episode using their search.
posted by nkknkk at 2:58 PM on June 16, 2008

What Science! said. Was just listening to it the other day.
posted by awesomebrad at 2:58 PM on June 16, 2008

Science! nailed it.
posted by nkknkk at 2:59 PM on June 16, 2008

Yup, Science got it: and here's the link where you can find the podcast or listen to the show online:
Return to Childhood 2008
posted by GardenGal at 3:20 PM on June 16, 2008

Thank you all so much!! This site is the best.
posted by rlm-job at 4:12 PM on June 16, 2008

« Older How do I drill a hole through a human tooth...   |   What happens when the bank forecloses on your... Newer »