Similar music to Brad Sucks?

Anyone know any music similar to Brad Sucks? Listened to one of his songs, dloaded his album from his site but want more :D Thanks in advance!
posted by thesonofmorgoth to Media & Arts (12 answers total) 4 users marked this as a favorite

There is a guy who posts to MeFi Music that is really similar to Brad Sucks.
posted by ND¢ at 11:33 AM on June 13, 2008 [1 favorite]

The next album will be coming out soon, I think, which is the best way for more "like" Brad Sucks. What about the music do you like? What component of the music do you want more of?
posted by eralclare at 11:38 AM on June 13, 2008

NDc, it looks like frenetic IS BradSucks (dum dum DUM!), though I could be missing something there.
posted by eralclare at 11:42 AM on June 13, 2008

Response by poster: I believe i like his overall sound, i guess i also like that like buzzing computerish noise? like blurring? Im not a music person so i dont know what any of the terminology is... Yeah i guess thats it a nice mix between good singing/computer generated noise.
posted by thesonofmorgoth at 11:44 AM on June 13, 2008

Eraclare, frenetic is indeed BradSucks (and he says so in one of is Music posts). I think all you are missing is sarcasm. (Not intended to be Snarky. I didn't get it at first either.

So, thesonofmorgoth you could memail him. Have you tried Pandora?
posted by Airhen at 11:56 AM on June 13, 2008

Best answer: Wooo. I want to give a helpful answer but I'm probably exactly the wrong guy to say. I have no idea who I sound like.

I can tell you though that people often tell me I sound like Beck, John Vanderslice or Folk Implosion. To the point where I feel kinda weird about it.

Maybe someone more objective will answer!
posted by frenetic at 12:15 PM on June 13, 2008 [1 favorite]

check out some Nino Moschella
posted by gnutron at 12:42 PM on June 13, 2008

I think you should check out the Dandy Warhols.
posted by bjrn at 1:15 PM on June 13, 2008

See? I knew it: I WAS missing something.
You might also try some of the Dandy Warhols. Their style ranges all over, but a few songs fit into my Brad Sucks mix quite well.
posted by eralclare at 1:18 PM on June 13, 2008

If it's computer noises and singing that you like, I'd recommend Havergal.
posted by eunoia at 2:46 PM on June 13, 2008

Dear Frenetic...you're awesome! I've listened to SOS like one billion times. Thanks.
posted by SassHat at 4:59 PM on June 13, 2008

You're not still reading this, but I always "pictured" Brad Sucks's music as being Soundgarden with electronic beeps and boops.

Since I absolutely love Soundgarden and absolutely love bleeps and bloops, Brad Sucks is my favorite artist, right now.

Beck really is closest to what you're asking for, but I don't know anyone who blends straight-ahead rock with electronica and does the lyrics as well as Brad Sucks (and isn't a member of some scary cult). He really is ground-breaking in that sense.

No pressure on your second album. Sorry.
posted by dirigibleman at 12:37 AM on June 22, 2008

« Older Christian Apologetics Podcasts   |   RN abroad opportunities Newer »