Nantucket ahoy!

My wife and I are going to Nantucket this weekend. What are some fun things we should plan on doing?

We've never been to Nantucket before and are pretty excited. We're leaving (from Boston) on Sunday and returning Tuesday. What's not to be missed? Walks, hikes, restaurants, sights - we're up for anything! We're staying at a small hotel in town and won't have a car.
posted by josh to Travel & Transportation around Nantucket, MA (9 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

Well you'll want to rent bicycles and just explore, bring bathing suits and towels!
posted by pwally at 5:16 PM on June 10, 2008

well there's always the chance that you could end up in the bronze age and change history....

Explore the island while reading this book I imagine might be fun.
posted by spacefire at 5:38 PM on June 10, 2008

Wander about Plum TV's Nantucket website for ideas.

Too bad you are leaving on Tuesday, since the Nantucket Film Festivallaunches on Thursday that week.
posted by ericb at 6:30 PM on June 10, 2008

Downy Flake donuts. Juice Bar for ice cream. And actually, the Whaling museum is pretty cool. Nantucket is obviously pretty darn flat, so renting bicycles is an excellent idea.
posted by tigerbelly at 6:58 PM on June 10, 2008

this time of year the water temperature is in the high 50s to low 60s, i would not count on swimming as a prolonged activity.
posted by phil at 8:27 PM on June 10, 2008

nantucket is awesome. i absolutely loved it. 2nding the whaling museum. and the blueberry ice cream there is the. best. ever. (tho that might be later in the season…)
posted by violetk at 9:39 PM on June 10, 2008

Bring pens and paper so you can write Nantucket limericks.
posted by bjrn at 11:18 PM on June 10, 2008

Argh, you beat me to it!
posted by computech_apolloniajames at 5:02 AM on June 11, 2008

thirding limericks... ;)
posted by inatizzy at 11:27 AM on June 11, 2008

« Older Places to stay in Bisbee and Tucson?   |   I want to read, but I can't! Newer »