Cupcake liners
June 9, 2008 2:39 AM   Subscribe

I need cupcake liners.

I am in the UK and I would like to make cupcakes. While I can find pans that seem to be the right size, the only liners I can find are fairy cake size or muffin size. Does anyone know where in the UK I might be able to find standard sized American cupcake liners? I would prefer that they be paper (not silicone) and I am willing to order them online. Thanks in advance!
posted by triggerfinger to Food & Drink (9 answers total)
These guys have lots different sized casings (with measurements), maybe you will find something suitable.
posted by missmagenta at 3:13 AM on June 9, 2008

Response by poster: Thanks missmagenta, that looks promising, but it's hard to tell from looking at the pics what size they are. Does anyone know the measurement of American liners?
posted by triggerfinger at 3:56 AM on June 9, 2008

mine seem to be 5cm diameter at the bottom, 3cm tall
posted by soma lkzx at 4:08 AM on June 9, 2008

Best answer: These ones are 5cmx 3cm as are these and these... in fact most of the ones on this page seem to be that size
posted by missmagenta at 4:13 AM on June 9, 2008

I measured the ones in my cupboard (package says only 'STANDARD SIZE') and their measurements are the same. 5cm across the bottom, 3cm tall.

Hooray for cupcakes! Good luck with yours.
posted by tomboko at 5:49 AM on June 9, 2008

The ones I have (in the US) are labeled "baking cups" if searching for that helps at all.
posted by supramarginal at 9:44 AM on June 9, 2008

Response by poster: Thanks everyone, you've been really helpful. I am going to order some from the page missmagenta linked tomorrow. Yay cupcakes!
posted by triggerfinger at 11:23 AM on June 9, 2008

As an aside, I'd always assumed that cupcakes were just what we called fairy cakes. It seems there is a difference after all, so thanks for enlightening me.
posted by macdara at 1:11 PM on June 9, 2008

Response by poster: From what I know, the main difference is that cupcakes are bigger than fairy cakes but not as big as a (big) muffin. Also, I think fairy cakes mainly use icing while cupcakes use buttercream or cream cheese frosting. I haven't looked extensively for cupcakes here, but I know that Starbucks sell them and Tesco also sells a four-pack of chocolate cupcakes.
posted by triggerfinger at 1:48 PM on June 9, 2008

« Older How do I sell analog photography in a digital age?   |   Remember that gift certificate you gave me?... Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.