Where can I find a stuffed Chambered Nautilus?
June 3, 2008 3:09 PM   Subscribe

Where can I find a stuffed Chambered Nautilus

My girlfriend has a birthday coming up. She has a huge stuffed animal collection that includes, randomly enough, an almost complete set of cephalopods. Yes, we're strange like that.

I say almost complete, because she's missing the Chambered Nautilus. Other than that, she has all of the major ones (finding the stuffed cuttlefish was pretty difficult too). I'd like to get the Chambered Nautilus for her, but I can't find it anywhere. I've visited the Baltimore Aquarium, and searched online a lot, and no dice. Anyone have suggestions?
posted by jeffderek to Pets & Animals (10 answers total) 3 users marked this as a favorite

You could kint one.
posted by phunniemee at 3:13 PM on June 3, 2008

Here's a Wikihow on how to make stuffed animals. Link.
posted by ISeemToBeAVerb at 3:20 PM on June 3, 2008

Folkmanis made a finger puppet set that included a chambered nautilus. It's been discontinued but maybe it will turn up more easily now that you have a manufacturer's name.
posted by jamaro at 3:22 PM on June 3, 2008

P.S. Found a vendor with it in stock. Just a random result off Google, so I can't speak for the vendor.
posted by jamaro at 3:24 PM on June 3, 2008

Here's a handmade one on Etsy. Or what about a hermit crab in a (kind of) nautilus shell? Otherwise, if you have enough time, sappymoosetree does commissioned stuffed animals.
posted by runningwithscissors at 3:45 PM on June 3, 2008

Here's a baby nautilus...
posted by moonmilk at 3:47 PM on June 3, 2008

It appears that you can purchase the finger puppet set that jamaro suggested here.
posted by numinous at 4:05 PM on June 3, 2008

http://www.sofagarden.com/beach-pillows/nautilus_pillows_135.htm
posted by wens at 4:21 PM on June 3, 2008

Here is a really nice one. Maybe a seahorse to go with it?
posted by JujuB at 6:01 PM on June 3, 2008

Google "nautilus shape pillow" there are some less expensive ones than the above linked one.
posted by JujuB at 6:05 PM on June 3, 2008

« Older Open Source Social Networking, blah, blah, blah.   |   X11 leaking? Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.