Looking for a very special garbage can

The cupboard beneath my sink would seem to be an oddball, I've never found a garbage can that will fit it perfectly - 20 inches high, 10 inches wide, 15 inches deep. I usually buy taller containers and cut them down. I'd love to find something built to fit. Is there a site you can go to find such a thing, or, even better, where you can input the dimensions of the container you're looking for, and then browse results?
posted by boombot to Home & Garden (5 answers total)

Never used it but The Container Store has a Plan a Space Utility that allows you to put in measurements. Seems geared more towards whole closets and workspaces but I don't see why it couldn't work for a simple cabinet perhaps.
posted by genial at 10:50 AM on May 21, 2008

Response by poster: Looks like that ends up being an information capture that sets you up for a phone call with a salesperson.
posted by boombot at 11:17 AM on May 21, 2008

This one is about right, except it's 11 inches wide instead of 10, will that work?
posted by beagle at 11:26 AM on May 21, 2008

It would be a simple matter for any commercial kitchen shop to bend you up a can out of stainless (relatively cheap) or copper (beautiful and expensive). The custom route creates a problem though as you won't be able to find bags to fit the non standard can though you probably have the same problem with your cut down unit.
posted by Mitheral at 11:28 AM on May 21, 2008

Here are a couple of sites to peruse:

Site 1

Site 2

Not cheap and not easy to search, but might be worth the effort for something you will probably have to buy only once.
posted by pammo at 4:28 PM on May 21, 2008

« Older PrinterFilter   |   Getting Along With Family Newer »