Please stop using IE 6.

Need help fixing IE6 CSS bug...

I've finally got all the bugs out except one. At the top of the navigation bar there is a horizontal gray line that should not be there. It does not appear in Safari, Firefox 2, or IE 7. Any idea what part of my sloppy code is causing it to appear?
posted by J-Garr to Computers & Internet (4 answers total)

I get this horizontal bar because of the "about" link wrapping in Firefox 3 Beta 5. (Make its container bigger, natch) I can't see any other errors with that browser.
posted by cowbellemoo at 11:52 AM on May 10, 2008

I can't identify the specific issue, but there's a pretty good list of IE bugs and how to fix them at Position is Everything. Perhaps this one?
posted by Paragon at 12:09 PM on May 10, 2008

Best answer: That bar is from nav-bg.gif which is the background for #navigation_wrapper. My guess is that ie6 doesn't like how you are positioning that in the css file with "repeat-x scroll 0pt;" Any reason you can't just use "0 0" or "top left" ?
posted by ghostmanonsecond at 12:18 PM on May 10, 2008

Response by poster: Thanks all! I have spent a fair amount of time at Position is Everything but hadn't looked at the border chaos page. Ghostmanonsecond, that was exactly the problem, thanks! I was still looking at margin, and padding issues.
posted by J-Garr at 12:28 PM on May 10, 2008

« Older Klippan help plz   |   Online TV Stations in Original Language Newer »