Where to embiggen?
May 7, 2008 10:43 AM   Subscribe

Seeking reliable internet service to enlarge an image to poster size.

I would like to enlarge one of my boyfriend's favorite images so that it's poster-sized or at least hang-up-on-the-wall-sized. I used an online company a few years ago that I found via magazine (either Real Simple or Bust). The site was easy to use, not so expensive and quick on delivery. I, of course, cannot remember the name of the company. I'm looking for recommendations of a reliable online service to enlarge an image. Thanks.
posted by Constant Reader to Media & Arts (6 answers total) 9 users marked this as a favorite
posted by R. Mutt at 10:55 AM on May 7, 2008

The Rasterbator? You do your own printing, though, so maybe not what you're looking for.
posted by nanojath at 10:56 AM on May 7, 2008

perfectposters.com make prints in almost any size & shape, and are insanely cheap, and usually ship priority mail by the next day at the latest.
posted by nomisxid at 11:18 AM on May 7, 2008

I've used Shutterfly to blowup a photo to 20x30 and it came out great; delivery (in a tube) was quick and reliable.
posted by mattbucher at 11:35 AM on May 7, 2008

I'll second perfect posters - I use them all the time to embiggen my photos. Good quality, priced by the square foot (so weird aspect ratios are no problem), and fast.
posted by echo target at 11:38 AM on May 7, 2008

Response by poster: Thanks for the responses. I'll try perfectposters. I've Rasterbated before, we actually have a large mural on our wall because of it.
posted by Constant Reader at 12:26 PM on May 7, 2008

« Older Help me make a PC safe   |   Average price of a pint of U.S. beer? Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.