Where do you guys like to go latin/salsa dancing in NYC?

LatinDancingFilter: Where do any of y'all go salsa/latin dancing in NYC?

I am no pro but I do know a few moves, been out a bunch - just not in NY. I know my basic salsa, cha cha, rumba, samba! Looking for stuff Friday or Saturday, visiting from out of town. I know there's a bunch of online resources I can look at (I'm already looking) but just in case any of you guys already know a place you like a lot, I'd love to know what/where exactly that is.

Thanks!!
posted by bitterkitten to Society & Culture (2 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

I like this place called Sofritos on 57 and 1st...there's another one called G&Gs in the village but dance on one and cater to everyone from newbies to advanced.....mambonyc.com is also a good place to check out places as they show you videos of how the action looks.
posted by The1andonly at 4:45 PM on May 6, 2008

Sounds of Brazil (SOB's) is pretty much the default for this.
posted by cestmoi15 at 11:01 AM on May 7, 2008

« Older I want my four day work week back!   |   Undelete a T-Mobile voicemail? Newer »