LiveJournal?

Private online journals. Is LiveJournal the best option? [more inside]

I don't want a blog, I just want to keep a record of my thoughts online that only I can read. I don't have experience in web design, and Blogger charges to password protect blogs. So is posting private LiveJournal entries the best way to do this free?
posted by ALongDecember to Computers & Internet (7 answers total)

Yep. LiveJournal or one of the clones: DeadJournal, uJournal, greatestjournal, etc..

Can't beat free
posted by misterioso at 2:57 PM on July 29, 2004

Along the same lines as LiveJournal are Xanga and Diaryland. I have used Xanga in the past, and as a simple, private log without the bells and whistles, it's great.
posted by dual_action at 3:00 PM on July 29, 2004

well, there's wordpad and a usb drive. does it need to be on the web?
posted by Hackworth at 5:55 PM on July 29, 2004

true, but access from anywhere and not worrying about drive failure is nice. How often do blog entries disappear on something as large as LiveJournal?
posted by ALongDecember at 6:27 PM on July 29, 2004

I've never had a blog entry disappear from LJ in 3+ years of use. However, be warned that LJ can mess up when initially attempting to post an entry. always keep a copy in textpad or something for a few minutes untill you're sure LJ's servers accepted the post.
posted by jmd82 at 7:35 PM on July 29, 2004

There are also a bunch of windows programs that will let you post to LJ without going through their site; kind of handy.
posted by Tlogmer at 2:55 AM on July 30, 2004

Keep it anywhere you want and password-protect the section. No?
posted by madman at 4:40 AM on July 30, 2004

« Older Browser-Sharing Software   |   Is there a way in Movable Type to view and delete... Newer »