It's the perfect tool for moving and shopping at Costco. But what is it called??
April 24, 2008 9:25 PM   Subscribe

If I buy an oversized item at Target (i.e. a box of Milkbones or a pack of toilet paper), the cashier will slap on a very strong, heavy-duty strap with the red Target logo on it. It's almost like duct tape, except stronger and the sticky portion is only on each opposite end. What is this stuff called, and where can I buy a generic equivalent?
posted by invisible ink to Shopping (5 answers total) 13 users marked this as a favorite
Best answer: Good question...found 'em! Plug the product numbers into Google, tons for sale.
posted by rhizome at 9:52 PM on April 24, 2008

Best answer: More here.
posted by HotPatatta at 10:00 PM on April 24, 2008 [1 favorite]

Or just search for "tape handles."
posted by HotPatatta at 10:01 PM on April 24, 2008

Fantastic! I had no idea such a thing existed. Thank you!
posted by gjc at 8:24 AM on April 25, 2008

As a Target cashier, I can tell you that you have to be careful with them. Sometimes I'll have someone who must have been on my lane previously that, I assume, took one off to put it on something, then put it back when the customer declined it. Twice, I've had quite valuable items fall off them because they didn't have as much stick as they should.

Take care.
posted by Precision at 8:47 PM on June 18, 2008

« Older In SF, wants HP, leaves SAT, help!   |   The word "Cockpunch". Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.