Best way to get to a store from an airport

[Little Rock Transportation Filter]: I have a 3+ hour layover in Little Rock, Arkansas and during that time, I need to get to a store that is near the intersections of route 630 and 430. What is my best option?

I will be there this Friday during the afternoon. I have the option to

a.) take a taxi (20 miles round trip= ~$45?)
b.) rent a car (they quoted me online as $24.98, but I'm under 25 so there will be a litany of charges on top of that)
c.) taking some sort of public transportation provided near the airport?

Punctuality is a key, because I don't want to miss my flight, but is there anyone familiar with the area that could suggest an economic course of action?
posted by stratastar to Travel & Transportation around Little Rock, AR (6 answers total)

If punctuality is key, take the cab.
posted by box at 10:33 AM on March 31, 2008

And get the cab driver to wait while you go into the store.
posted by box at 10:34 AM on March 31, 2008

Response by poster: I really only have to stop by and pick something up, so I don't think the rental car will put me in trouble with punctuality, but if it costs egregiously more, I'd love to skip it...
posted by stratastar at 10:43 AM on March 31, 2008

Take the cab. For the sake of what will likely be less than $20, why deal with the rental car company? What happens if there's a huge lineup, they don't have a car right away, or any other unexpected problem with them occurs? Just grab a cab, have the driver wait, and get back to the airport asap.
posted by cgg at 10:50 AM on March 31, 2008

(I live in Little Rock, and) public transportation is not a practical option. Between the other two, I think that, as cgg notes, the cab is the less likely to have an unexpected delay.
posted by box at 10:54 AM on March 31, 2008

Response by poster: alright, thanks a ton guys!
posted by stratastar at 10:54 AM on March 31, 2008

« Older What is in "punch", England early 19th C   |   This could be my first break as a web contractor! Newer »