Name that Tile!
March 25, 2008 12:40 PM   Subscribe

I'm looking for some way to find (or at least ask google) about an oddly-shaped ceramic tile I recently saw.

I saw these tiles in a restroom that looked pretty recently-remodeled, so I think they should be findable - but I can't for the life of me figure out a way to google this one. I would describe the shape of the tile as kind of "bone-shaped", but please see this badly drawn image for reference (the tiles are the orange part, and the black would be grout).

I'm thinking of using something like this to redo my bathroom, but need a way to find these things. If you know what they are called or (even better) where to find them, let me know. Thanks!
posted by sluggo to Home & Garden (3 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite
It looks like a variation of basketweave or dogbone. Some examples here, here, here (horrible interface, try "pages" 14 or 28 of the catalog) and here.
posted by cocoagirl at 1:08 PM on March 25, 2008

I believe that shape is called "bowtie" when dealing with tile.
posted by gyusan at 1:10 PM on March 25, 2008

Try here. They seem to have exactly what you posted.
posted by LunaticFringe at 1:21 PM on March 25, 2008

« Older How deep a hole is this?   |   Timeframe from pitch to product on shelf? Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.