Good gardening podcasts?

Can anyone recommend interesting and useful podcasts about gardening and garden design?

I like Gardeners' Question Time but I can't find a podcast version of the programme. (Sub-question: is there an easy way to download the real or windows media streams from the BBC website and convert to an appropriate format, for free?)

I'm looking for something that gives advice on what I should be doing each week/fortnight/month in the garden, and also has some interesting discussion and features.

I'm prepared to just work my way through the results of the "garden podcast" Google search. This question is hopefully to help me home in on a couple of really decent ones quickly (it's planting time out there!)

Definitely relevent information: I live in Southern England, so a podcast based on gardening in a temperate climate in the northern hemisphere would be ideal.

Might be relevent information: I have an iPhone, my girlfriend has an iPod Classic, and we use iTunes on a PC.
posted by brighton to Computers & Internet (2 answers total) 10 users marked this as a favorite

I'm looking for something that gives advice on what I should be doing each week/fortnight/month in the garden

It's not a podcast, but you might be interested in Gardenate.
posted by zamboni at 2:31 PM on March 12, 2008

I believe your climate might be close to ours here in Seattle, so you could check out our wacky local garden star, Ciscoe. He's a bit odd, but has some good gardening tips. Also, in searching for that link, I found that the local liberal talk-radio station has a gardening show podcast, which I can't vouch for but will give a try. I'll be interested in other responses, though, because it's a topic I'd like to hear more about too.
posted by TochterAusElysium at 6:32 PM on March 12, 2008

« Older This winter is killing me!   |   How can I wax cotton, preferably denim? Newer »