Gospel choir that swears

A couple of years ago, I read a positive review of a certain gospel choir's album, in a pretty big magazine. Now I want to check them out, but can't remember their name. But I do remember what was different about them - that they sang songs (either original or covers) that featured swear words. Anyone remember?

Teh internets keeps pointing me towards Scotland Yard Gospel Choir, but the choir in question was an actual choir. The kind with tens of members.

The magazine may have been one of the magazines my housemates subscribed to - Rolling Stone, Seventeen, or Jane. Searching their archives hasn't helped at all.
posted by Xere to Grab Bag (4 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

The Polyphonic Spree?
posted by amyms at 11:51 PM on March 7, 2008

Scala? ?

They've sung I touch myself, daddy I'm fine, etc.
posted by sondrialiac at 6:54 AM on March 8, 2008

In an episode of "Scrubs", Laverne's gospel choir sang "Payback is a Bitch" to J.D. Perhaps the choir in question guest-starred on the episode? I couldn't tell you which one.
posted by WCityMike at 6:10 PM on March 8, 2008

It's Scala! I had the details all jumbled up, but it's them.
posted by Xere at 7:03 PM on March 8, 2008

« Older Hurt me baby... no, not you...   |   How Do You Decide Which Video Games You No Longer... Newer »