What's this song I vaguely remember?

Can you help me identify this song?

Whenever I listen to Message In A Bottle by The Police, the intro strongly reminds me of another song that I remember hearing in the past. Unfortunately, I can't remember any of the lyrics except for a single piece. It's a female vocalist, perhaps sounding like Chrissie Hynde of The Pretenders singing "oh my-my, oh my-my, Oh My-Myyy." I want to say that what immediately follows sounds like "myst'ry dreamer," but I might be wrong.

I'm probably being too vague about this to get any leads, but any help in identification would be strongly welcomed.
posted by flatluigi to Media & Arts (7 answers total)

You know what...I also get a weird song from that intro. Mine is "2000 miles" by the Pretenders. Is that what you're talking about?
posted by hal_c_on at 11:59 PM on March 1, 2008

No, it's definitely at a higher tempo.
posted by flatluigi at 12:07 AM on March 2, 2008

The Pretenders have a song called "Mystery Achievement" on their self-titled album.
posted by Karlos the Jackal at 12:12 AM on March 2, 2008

Yeah, I think you might be thinking about Mystery Achievement. Listen here.
posted by stefanie at 12:13 AM on March 2, 2008

Thank you! That's exactly what I'm looking for!
posted by flatluigi at 12:14 AM on March 2, 2008

(I guess I was right when I thought it sounded like The Pretenders. *cough*)
posted by flatluigi at 12:51 AM on March 2, 2008

Yep, but to clarify, it looks like the Police song was released in 1979 and the Pretenders song in 1980. Of the many many times Sting has lifted material from other sources, this might not be one of them.
posted by ochenk at 7:33 AM on March 2, 2008

« Older Politics and environmental issues in the US...   |   Downloading on an open wireless connection..... Newer »