Where Can I Find a Good Laptop Stand With A Small Footprint?
February 29, 2008 10:00 PM   Subscribe

I'm looking for a laptop "holster" (not a stand, per se) for my Macbook that works exactly like this one, but doesn't cost $300. Does such a product exist?

I'm not so concerned about the materials, or the form factor. I just like the idea of a laptop stand that conserves desk space like that.

I'm toying with the idea of just wandering around Home Depot and assembling something myself. But I'd prefer to buy something if it exists for $60 or less.
posted by paulrockNJ to Computers & Internet (6 answers total) 4 users marked this as a favorite
How about a couple of wood bookends with a piece of 1x1 in the center to hold them together. Like: _|-|_ . Cheap and can be stained to suit your decor.
posted by IronSurfer at 10:30 PM on February 29, 2008

I have seen one for like $60 that is almost exactly like this, just a little less flashy. I can't find the link for it right now, but it does exist.

I'll post again if I find it, but keep looking, it's out there.
posted by patr1ck at 10:33 PM on February 29, 2008

http://www.bookendzdocks.com . Stand it on its end. As for the price...search for it on ebay.
posted by hal_c_on at 10:58 PM on February 29, 2008

If you don't mind a slight angle this bookstand might do the trick.
posted by O9scar at 9:05 AM on March 1, 2008

Response by poster: @hal_c_on that won't work if you've plugged any cables into the dock. it also seems to lack the stability of the Floater

@b1tr0t see my note about conserving desk space; i have a 24" monitor which is all the screen real estate i need

@O9scar that might just do the trick; good find, i didn't think to look for book holders.
posted by paulrockNJ at 10:14 AM on March 1, 2008

You could take two bricks wrapped in cloth if you want to go really cheap.
posted by delmoi at 12:28 AM on March 2, 2008

« Older Floral patterns - what are they called?   |   Sing to me, Baby Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.