Where can I find resources for a mentor/mentee relationship?

Specifically, I am looking for resources about being a mentor and also for guides for having feedback meetings.
posted by slavlin to Human Relations (4 answers total)

Visit Mentor for links and resources. They provide training to mentoring programs, but I bet you can find resources for mentors as well. You might also contact a Big Brothers/Big Sisters in your area. The National Clearinghouse for Families and Youth might help, too.
posted by juliplease at 1:16 PM on February 25, 2008

Response by poster: Sorry, this is not the kind of mentoring I am talking about. I am looking for resources for a business environment, not an older person/younger person mentorship.
posted by slavlin at 2:24 PM on February 25, 2008

How about SCORE?
posted by Marie Mon Dieu at 3:15 PM on February 25, 2008

I was in a management development program for general managers at a Fortune 100 company -- we used the mentoring material from The Mentoring Group. I thought it was pretty good. Their services range from consulting/training/setting up your mentoring program to a couple of booklets called "The Mentor's Guide" and "The Mentee's Guide". I am guessing that the program I was in used the services of The Mentoring Group, but I have just used the booklets to guide mentoring relationships.

I also partcipated in a mentoring program for professional women called Menttium which was quite useful. They have their own materials. While their focus is still on mentoring women, I think their material can be used with guys too.

Hope this helps!
posted by elmay at 8:52 AM on February 26, 2008

« Older In this corner... weighing in at 80 GB...   |   How do I find the values being sent to a website... Newer »