Better text entry in Wordpress?

Is there a way (plug-in, hack) to give Wordpress a more fully featured post submission box?

I find the native text entry box Wordpress gives you to be pretty thin (no option for underlining, for instance, or for text size) I want something like the text box in phplist (username admin, pw phplist) -- basically one that covers almost anything I might want to put in a post.

Is there a plug in that can give me anything close to that functionality? I've checked the official Wordpress plugin directory but was hoping maybe I'm a shitty searcher, or that all the best plugins are secrets.
posted by stupidsexyFlanders to Computers & Internet (5 answers total) 6 users marked this as a favorite

Have you clicked the Show/Hide Advanced Toolbar button?
posted by Memo at 9:31 PM on January 29, 2008

If the advanced toolbar above isn't enough, Dean's FCKEditor should do the trick, as it is fully customizable and you can add your own formatting codes and buttons to it.
posted by JeremiahBritt at 10:08 PM on January 29, 2008

Well, my toolbar didn't look like yours, memo, but the FCKEditor plugin was perfect. Thanks all.
posted by stupidsexyFlanders at 3:36 AM on January 30, 2008

writetomyblog.com - Online (web) Blog Client. Free web word processor for your Blog. Create Posts for your Blog from right here with their advanced word processor. Completely free, no membership required, can post to multiple Blogs, view and edit recent posts, works with all major blog programs, and is easy-peasy!
posted by DandyRandy at 9:21 AM on January 30, 2008

Windows Live Writer, assuming you use Windows?
posted by tra at 10:55 AM on January 30, 2008

« Older Why am I getting a UCLA proxy page?   |   Why do we have children? Newer »