Size comparison of Asic Onitsukas and Adidas?

How do sizes of asics onitsuka tigers compare to adidas?

I'm considering purchasing some onitsukas online and I can't find a shop near me that has them in stock. I've never worn them before, so I'm wondering how the sizes compare to adidas runners, as I have several pairs of those and am always the same size. I'd rather avoid the hassle of returning them if they are the wrong size. You know, so is a 43 in adidas going to be a 43 in asics?
posted by modernnomad to Clothing, Beauty, & Fashion (10 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

my asics run a half size large...that is, i normally wear a 10, but my asics are 10.5
posted by gnutron at 9:46 AM on January 28, 2008

Zappos.com will tell you if shoes size small or large. Of course, they're going to use US sizes, but you can figure it out.
posted by smackfu at 10:01 AM on January 28, 2008

I went from size 11 adidas to a pair of size 10 onitsuka tigers. The tigers seem to be significantly smaller than asics' other shoes.

(Also I got them from zappos.com, so it was free to return the shoes for a smaller pair.)
posted by kiltedtaco at 10:09 AM on January 28, 2008

I wear 12s in both. They're the only tennis/running/soccer shoes I wear.
posted by Camel of Space at 10:24 AM on January 28, 2008

I found that the Onitsukas run a little big by about a half size. I had to get a half size smaller. I'm surprised that others are saying that they run small. Zappos is GREAT about returns, even on worn shoes if they are defective.
posted by kenzi23 at 10:35 AM on January 28, 2008

I wear the same size in both, and the tigers are a bit larger but still very comfortable.
posted by escher at 11:19 AM on January 28, 2008

I just want to add that I hate the terms "run big" or "run small" because it's unclear which is which. Does a shoe that "runs small" have smaller size-numbers for the same size shoe, or smaller shoe for the same size-number? I can never remember the right convention.
posted by kiltedtaco at 1:26 PM on January 28, 2008

I can't remember what I wore before I discovered Onitsuka Tigers, but I tried on a pair of Sambas last week in the size I've been buying and the Sambas were bigger.

I don't know how Sambas compare to runners, but that might be a bit of a help.
posted by hototogisu at 4:45 PM on January 28, 2008

I wear the same size (10) in both Adidas classics and Onitsuka Tiger Mexico 66's (though all I wear any more are the Onitsukas...they are unbeatable).
posted by mehum at 7:20 PM on January 28, 2008

I wear size 12 Adidas Superstar, and size 11.5 Onitsuka Ultimate 81 LE.

I have long and narrow feet, and find both brands really comfortable. The Onitsukas are probably the lightest shoes I have ever worn.
posted by sluggo at 11:18 AM on January 29, 2008

« Older Web service best practices   |   My touch lamp has the same vibrating static... Newer »