How do you ping weblogs now that weblogs.com has switched to buzzword.com?

Ok, since weblogs.com has sort of switched over to buzzword.com all my rpc pings to weblogs.com time out like no other. Did the way to ping weblogs change? I tried looking on the site, but then weblogs times out. Anyone know?
posted by thebwit to Computers & Internet (4 answers total)

I've only been following the hubub very casually, but I was under the impression that just the hosting aspect of weblogs.com got switched... the main weblogs.com blog update index is still there.
posted by DrJohnEvans at 7:48 AM on June 24, 2004

For whatever it's worth, my pings to weblogs.com have been timing out pretty regularly for the last 6 months. I'd say one out of four goes through.

And no, there's been no change to the ping service.
posted by Remy at 8:15 AM on June 24, 2004

Response by poster: Ok, I was pinging weblogs first which was timing out and causing the rest of the script to fail. Now I ping weblogs last and it is all good again.

Thanks.
posted by thebwit at 10:07 AM on June 24, 2004

I realize this is slightly off topic, but have you tried pinging Ping-O-Matic? I don't know offhand whether they do RPC, but one ping to them will ping ten different blog services, including weblogs.com. And if you want to script it, you can simply ping manually via the web-form once, copy the URL it uses and use wget or whatever.
posted by arto at 12:21 PM on June 24, 2004

« Older Need Study Pointers and Moral Support for New York...   |   Why is my monitor shifting colors? Newer »