Gino's Beautiful Timepiece

Where can I purchase a Gino Valle Cifra clock?

If anyone has an answer already, skip the rest of this explanation and tell me. ;) Otherwise, read on.

So. After seeing a Gino Valle Cifra Solari on a colleague's desk, I desperately want one for myself. That said, the combination of it being more than 50 years old and a collector's item leads me to believe that I won't be able to acquire one without considerable luck and/or expense. I'm casting my line out to all of you in hopes of grabbing the "luck" portion of that.

Anyone seen one of these in an antique/thrift/whatever store? If you'd snatch it up for me, I'd be more than happy to reimburse you, pay for shipping, and include a small finder's fee (be it cash, goods, or services.)

SUBQUESTION: Assuming I'm never going to actually get one of these, can someone suggest an alternative? For the most part, I'll settle for any clock so long as it is:

1. A flip clock.
2. A 24-Hour Clock
3. Doesn't look like this.

Thanks in advance!
posted by SpiffyRob to Shopping (5 answers total)

ebay link
posted by farishta at 3:03 PM on January 24, 2008

Thanks farishta! Meant to include that in the original post as an example of how much I'm not quite willing to pay, but I appreciate the detective work. :)
posted by SpiffyRob at 4:00 PM on January 24, 2008

I know it kinda looks like the one in your link, but would this one be okay?
posted by suedehead at 4:58 PM on January 24, 2008

Or, more similar to yours: this clock? or this? and this?
posted by suedehead at 5:06 PM on January 24, 2008

A cheap knock-off.
posted by Brocktoon at 10:32 PM on January 24, 2008

« Older Pinup Girl Bachelorette Party?   |   Multi line Text-to-column - A CHALLENGE FOR YOU! Newer »