Help me find a bandwidth monitor.
January 23, 2008 11:51 PM   Subscribe

I'm looking for a freeware Windows bandwidth monitor that can be minimized to an icon sitting in the taskbar that displays a graph (think Process Explorer-style) of the up/down bandwidth.

There's a whole lot of these out there, so if the HiveMind can help me sort through the crap, I'd be thankful. My Google-fu fails me on this, but I remember using one that did this that had a crippling bug in it that would cause it to just stop working, reinstalls be damned. I neither remember the name, nor can I find it again, nor can I find anything nearly as useful.
posted by griphus to Computers & Internet (5 answers total) 5 users marked this as a favorite
I've used NetMeter for a number of years. It seems to do exactly what you want.
posted by gergtreble at 12:16 AM on January 24, 2008

seconding NetMeter, it's EXACTLY what you describe
posted by kall at 12:29 AM on January 24, 2008

What NetMeter does in the application window is exactly what I want it to do, but in the system tray. It doesn't seem to have that option, only gauges.
posted by griphus at 1:01 AM on January 24, 2008

Worth noting you can get programs to do the minimising for you... this one for example.
posted by tomw at 4:04 AM on January 24, 2008

I'm a big fan of freemeter. Worth a check out.
posted by JonnyRotten at 5:38 AM on January 24, 2008

« Older Awake enough to like the song, too sleepy to...   |   Can you spray paint a storage tub? Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.