taxes in the UK
January 21, 2008 7:37 AM   Subscribe

Can my wife claim my tuition as a tax credit in the UK?

I am a PhD student in the UK. My wife is currently supporting both of us. We are from Canada and are ignorant about how taxes work in the UK. Can she claim the money we have spent on my tuition as a tax deduction?
Extra credit question: How?
Super bonus question: What forms do we need?
posted by arcadia to Work & Money (2 answers total)
I live in the UK, but I don't understand taxes either. The closest thing the UK has to an income tax is 'council tax', and it's possible you are eligible for some type of discounts or benefits because of being a student. I can recommend this site as a good place to try and find the answer.
posted by happyturtle at 12:33 PM on January 21, 2008

You're talking UK taxes, right?

Hmm... don't think so. You might want to check this site. Their forum is really helpful with UK tax queries, particularly about personal tax. I just referred someone to them in another thread, actually - Taxationweb, you need to pay me a commission! ;)
posted by Grrlscout at 6:32 AM on January 22, 2008

« Older admin please hope me   |   Finding an employment lawyer in London Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.