Firefox & Delicious Extension Oddity

A keystroke is misbehaving on Firefox with the del.icio.us Complete extension, and I'm at a loss as to how to debug the problem.

I use Firefox and del.icio.us Complete, an extension that allows you to post to del.icio.us using a very pleasant interface. It manages its keystrokes via Keyconfig. I assigned Alt-Shift-1 to make the extension appear. However, on some sites, such as Fast Company or Chicagoist, hitting that key takes me to the root directory -- for example, hitting that keystroke on the linked-to FastCompany page takes me to "http://www.fastcompany.com/homepage/index.html". I use both Portable Firefox (for Windows) on a thumb drive and Firefox for Mac. I know it happens on the Windows version, but I can't recall off the top of my head if I've run into the problem on the Mac — I think I have. To the best of my knowledge, I have no extension, Greasemonkey script, etc. that in any way provides the "upward to root directory" functionality.
posted by WCityMike to Computers & Internet (2 answers total)

You're getting bit by accesskeys defined locally on those pages. If you go to your about:config, you'll find that your ui.key.contentAccess is 5, the default. That's 1 for shift + 4 for alt.

If you set ui.key.generalAccessKey to 0, that'll clear things up (by disabling accesskeys.)
posted by Zed_Lopez at 7:52 PM on January 18, 2008

Zed_Lopez, thanks so much. It was 2, not 5, but making it 0 cured it. A major annoyance fixed. I'm obliged.
posted by WCityMike at 12:25 PM on January 20, 2008

« Older Hooked up my iPod with a cassette adapter, but it...   |   basement cracks Newer »