My computer hurts my eyes in the morning.

I'm looking for a mac program to gradually brighten my screen to full brightness after it is awoken or the screensaver is bothered.

If possible, it would be awesome if it was only active at certain times. The idea is that my screen hurts my eyes in the morning.
posted by jjbb to Computers & Internet (3 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

While this isn't the answer you're looking for, I use these two programs to help me use the computer at night, or in a car:

Nocturne
Black Light

I don't necessarily use the Inverted mode, I prefer to use Black Light and turn on the Color Hue mode with Red. Your eyes are not as affected by red as other colors, so looking at the red-tinted screen and then looking up into a dark room won't leave you feeling blind.
posted by odinsdream at 6:05 PM on January 17, 2008 [1 favorite]

Not exactly what you're asking for, but Nocturne is what I use for this: it inverts and can tint the colors on your screen.
posted by xueexueg at 6:06 PM on January 17, 2008

Fascinating: I am a new i Mac user as of 2 days and i am deeply bothered by the screen at night! Too bright and the colors seem funny to my eye...after a 45 minute session when i walked away i had a hard time seeing straight. Was beginning to wonder if i made a mistake with my purchase or was my machine defective...
any thoughts welcome.
posted by dougiedd at 3:48 PM on January 18, 2008

« Older What are the implications of buying an existing...   |   People search engine Newer »