What's that spinning thing in Christmas Vacation?
December 4, 2007 12:27 PM   Subscribe

I know, it'll be a short Ask MeFi page, but what in the heck is that spinning decoration seen in Christmas Vacation (the one that cousin Eddie knocks over, and Clark unsuccessfully tries to put back together)? And, once named, where can I buy one right away?
posted by Merdryn to Home & Garden (7 answers total)
It's a rotating candle thing. The heated rising air from the candles below turn the blades. No clue where to buy one.
posted by sanka at 12:34 PM on December 4, 2007

posted by steveminutillo at 12:35 PM on December 4, 2007

These Christmas Carousels are beautiful.
posted by mr. remy at 12:45 PM on December 4, 2007

I'm not sure, but I thought it was wooden. Sounded wooden when it fell.
posted by jerseygirl at 12:46 PM on December 4, 2007

Last year Walgreens had the type steveminutillo linked.
posted by ClaudiaCenter at 12:57 PM on December 4, 2007

German candle carousels

I googled and found some here and here , wow, not cheap but others on google were cheaper but less intricate.
posted by clanger at 1:34 PM on December 4, 2007

If it helps in your searching, I've always heard them called "German Christmas Pyramids" (not "carousels") .
posted by belladonna at 4:22 PM on December 4, 2007

« Older Lunch Spot in Seattle Near Bainbridge Ferry?   |   How to choose comprehensive health insurance plan? Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.