I need another pair of these awesome shoes
November 30, 2007 3:52 PM   Subscribe

Where can I find this shoe (or something similar)?

I bought a pair of Gravis Makani trainers two years ago and I love them. My current pair is wearing out and I'd like to get a new one (black or blue). However, I can't seem to find them on sale anywhere. Not Zappos. Not anywhere. ebay has a few odd pairs but none in my size (10.5).

Does anyone know a place where I could get them online?

If not, do you know of something similar that would be a fun casual pair of everyday shoes?

Thanks!
posted by special-k to Shopping (9 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

Froogle knows a few places...

It's just a step beyond "You didn't Google this, did you?"
posted by unixrat at 4:10 PM on November 30, 2007

Zappos has a similar pair
posted by Sufi at 4:54 PM on November 30, 2007

My bad, you looked at zappos. Here are other similar ones.. they have a pair of dark brown's that look really nice
posted by Sufi at 4:58 PM on November 30, 2007

Best answer: I used to work for a very technical footwear outfitter (think technical hiking boots for Himalayas-climbers), and we sold Gravis shoes (you can't really stay open only selling $800 Scarpas...). One thing I do know is that most of the shoes in the Gravis casual lines are formed with the same (interestingly, really high quality, as I'm sure you can attest) last, so they should all fit basically the same. So, if there's another model you find and like, it should fit and feel basically similar.

For what it's worth, I used to have the same model and loved them. Sadly, it looks as though they've been discontinued. Hopefully you can find another suitable match at their website.
posted by General Malaise at 5:06 PM on November 30, 2007

Oh, and one more thing: The Saucony Jazz is another great shoe with similar looks
posted by General Malaise at 5:08 PM on November 30, 2007

Response by poster: unixrat: du'h, of course I googled this to death. All those hits on froogle are women's shoes. I should have been more clear.
posted by special-k at 5:21 PM on November 30, 2007

Response by poster: unixrat: (cont.) but thanks for suggesting that :)
posted by special-k at 5:23 PM on November 30, 2007

Not exactly what you were looking for, but some pretty good prices on Gravis footwear can be found here.
posted by Brocktoon at 10:13 PM on November 30, 2007

gravis is a division of burton snowboards. you can generally find gravis shoes where snowboard and skateboarding gear would be sold.
posted by violetk at 12:26 PM on December 1, 2007

« Older Fear of Catabolism   |   How do I handle being listed as a fake reference? Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.