How do I get Yay Hooray points?

Yay Hooray. I've been reading the site for a long while, but I have no idea how to get the "points" needed to post. Is it an invitation-only type thing? How can I be down?
posted by oissubke to Computers & Internet (7 answers total)

*cough*

From the signup screen:

YayHooray!

Thanks for your interest in joining YayHooray. Here are a few things you should know about how signing up works.

The information you fill out in this section will be reviewed by users who have enough points to give points to other users. Based on what you fill in here, they will determine whether or not you would be a positively contributing member.

If you get enough points, your account will be activated and you can begin participating. You will be notified by email when your account is activated.

It is in your best interest to fill out as much information here as possible. Other users will not give you points if you do not fill out any relevant information.

posted by dhartung at 11:39 PM on June 4, 2004

Response by poster: I did that a long, long while ago, though, but it doesn't seem like people are actively going through the profiles looking for new recruits or anything like that.

I guess what I'm asking is, how do people really get into that site. Do people actually go through and award points to profiles of inactive members like me (and my profile's just not enticing enough), or do you kinda have to know someone on the inside?

And you might want to get that cough looked at, dhartung. Could be West Nile or something. :-)
posted by oissubke at 12:02 AM on June 5, 2004

im a member and apparently i can post (i haven't been there in ages). I'd point you up but i'm having a heck of a time finding the ui for doing so (in fact i can't even find how to get to your profile).
posted by juv3nal at 1:26 AM on June 5, 2004

so i read some posts and apparently part of the problem is that unless you already know the user number, the ui only gives you access to the 10 most recent pending members...
posted by juv3nal at 1:36 AM on June 5, 2004

Response by poster: That's kind of what I was thinking. I guess that it is, in effect, and invitation-based kinda thing.
posted by oissubke at 2:01 PM on June 5, 2004

if you post a link to your profile i can do it, but im not sure i can give you more than a single point and i dont think that's enough to do anything.
posted by juv3nal at 11:28 PM on June 5, 2004

I'm a member too, but I haven't been there in ages. After I signed up and added some infro about me, someone approved me and sent me a nice message, and I lost interest.

Look, a shiny thing!
posted by stavrosthewonderchicken at 1:07 AM on June 6, 2004

« Older How do I automate creating the mugshots section of...   |   Where was the page about making a slipstreamed... Newer »