This shirt is fast as lightning.

Help me find out more about my beloved "Kung-Fu Master" t-shirt, and, in the best of all possible worlds, replace it when it dies.

It's about 6 years ago. I'm spending part of the summer in Southern Utah, land of red rocks and surprisingly good thrift shopping. In a dumpy little thrift shop, in the little boys' department (department of choice for small women with odd taste), I find the greatest t-shirt I have ever owned, which I proceeded to wear all through college and grad school.

Here it is. Clearly it has been well-loved. Navy blue shirt. Four images that appear to be from a kung-fu movie, each subtitled "The Kung Fu Master." The tag reads "A-Team, Size 10" The back of the tag reads "The Best Children Wear."

Clearly the shirt has been well-loved, and it's on its last legs. Here are the things I have been dying to know for upwards of 6 years:

1. Are these images from a real movie, if so, what movie?
2. How can I find another one? Googling "A-Team" as a clothing brand is nigh unto impossible.

If I could at least see the movie the images are from, that would help me accept the inevitable death of my shirt.
posted by doift to Clothing, Beauty, & Fashion (7 answers total)

Make the highest quality scan of the picture.

Print it on iron on paper, and iron it on to a new shirt.
posted by ewkpates at 8:55 AM on November 19, 2007

It looks like stills from the movie called...wait for it.... The Kung Fu Master! I think you can download the movie here if you want to make new screencaps.
posted by iconomy at 9:08 AM on November 19, 2007 [1 favorite]

Iconomy's idea and a cafepress account will get you a new one of these for about $20 and your time.
posted by rhizome at 10:06 AM on November 19, 2007

When you get a new one, don't put it in the dryer. Hang it to dry after you wash it. It will live longer.
posted by Pallas Athena at 11:04 AM on November 19, 2007

Sweet! Iconomy's link sure looks like the right movie (and it was, of course, far too obvious for me to just realize that was the title). I'm always disappointed by iron-on transfer paper, even the stuff designed for dark fabric, but the Cafepress suggestion is worth investigating. Thanks, Internet!
posted by doift at 11:54 AM on November 19, 2007

Dry it on low heat if you must. I just ruined a bunch of shirts at the laundromat, but they haven't gotten any worse since I lowered the heat.
posted by wzcx at 8:27 AM on November 20, 2007

Oh and let us know if you sell it through Cafepress!
posted by theredpen at 5:08 PM on November 20, 2007

« Older How do I let him know I'm interested?   |   Translate song from Tigrinya to English (or Hebrew... Newer »