YANAL, YANML, Help me find ML
November 13, 2007 10:48 AM   Subscribe

How do I find a good Real Estate Lawyer in Cedar Rapids, IA.

We are closing our first home in a few months, and I need a lawyer. I used a lawyer for the offer, but he was not a real estate specialist. I do not know anybody in the area d a real estate lawyer, so I can't get a referral.

Any better way to do this than pick one out of the phone book?
posted by jpdoane to Home & Garden (5 answers total)
Response by poster: Sorry, that should read: in the area that has used a real estate lawyer...
posted by jpdoane at 10:50 AM on November 13, 2007

Check the bar association web site.
posted by electroboy at 11:07 AM on November 13, 2007

Best answer: Here is the "Find a Lawyer" link for the Iowa State Bar:


Man, that URL is 17 feet long.

http://tinyurl.com/2dc4ec is case other one doesn't work.

Good Luck!
posted by zuhl at 11:14 AM on November 13, 2007

Best answer: martindale.com
posted by letahl at 11:25 AM on November 13, 2007

If you know another lawyer in CR who does not do real estate, the odds are good they will know of a really good real estate lawyer.
posted by Ironmouth at 12:09 PM on November 13, 2007

« Older Who gets what in a band breakup?   |   Squelching less Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.