"Machine that spits out the shape I want."

Trying to find a company that makes a machine that can make food moulds in the shape of an animal. Anyone?

I've heard that there is a German company that makes these machines only I didn't get the name and now I can't seem to find this company anywhere on the internet.
posted by scottMontgomery to Technology (3 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

This isn't a machine...but would this work?

Its a silicone molding material. The example has a guy pressing a figurine into it and then using the mold to make a chocolate.
posted by ian1977 at 7:36 AM on October 30, 2007

Can you show us some examples?
Are you looking to have some food molds manufactured, or are you looking the specific German company?
Your tags say die casting (not dye), but could you mean stamping?
posted by hydrophonic at 7:40 AM on October 30, 2007

You need some more specifics.

What exactly does this machine produce? Metal molds, like you might use for breads? Plastic ones, like you would use for jello? Something else?

"spits out the shape I want" - how is the design getting inputted? Frankly, a machine that can manufacture a 3-D form to order, well, such things exist (like rapid prototyping) but that's expensive stuff and not for such a specific purpose.

Can you explain the process and product better, and maybe give some notion of where you heard about it?
posted by nanojath at 10:35 AM on October 30, 2007

« Older What should I do with my money?   |   Brideless Weddings and Other Modern Problems Newer »