Where are the ANSI artists?

Where can I find an ANSI artist to make some original ANSI art for me?

I'm looking for some legit 1992-1995 era style original ANSI art for my music project. All my iCE and ACiD connections dried up years ago and it looks like they've moved away from ANSI anyway. Any tips?
posted by frenetic to Computers & Internet (8 answers total) 4 users marked this as a favorite

I think you mean ASCII art? That might help your search.
posted by contraption at 10:10 AM on October 19, 2007

I'd try asking at the scene.org forums.
posted by hamhed at 10:15 AM on October 19, 2007

contraption: no, I mean ANSI art.
posted by frenetic at 10:19 AM on October 19, 2007

If you want I can copy your post to the iCE mailing list with the address from your profile, just say the word. It's kind of low volume but a lot of people still read it (just very.. very.. quietly).
posted by anaelith at 10:24 AM on October 19, 2007

anaelith: That'd be fantastic, thank you! You could mention it's a paying gig as well to lure them out.
posted by frenetic at 10:35 AM on October 19, 2007

Have you tried sailing the eye arr seas? You could search through NFOs and try msging the artists on IRC and see if they're interested. Anyone still making ANSI/ASCII art is probably scene affiliated.
posted by polyhedron at 12:33 PM on October 19, 2007

oops
posted by contraption at 4:25 PM on October 19, 2007

Nice to see people still thinking about us in iCE. I never was into the ANSI side of things, but I will confirm I got the e-mail on that very quiet list of ours. Looks like you got a taker, too! ;)
posted by empyrean at 10:07 AM on October 20, 2007

« Older Old, Fraudulent Debt Comes Back   |   Formatting a HFS+ external drive as FAT32 onin2K... Newer »