Where can I find these metal things to hang a sign on a pole? Pic
October 13, 2007 10:44 AM   Subscribe

Where can I get these metal things to hang a sign on a pole? Picture included!

I need help finding these metal things to hang my sign on a pole. You can see an image here. Someone suggested just making them but I would feel comfortable buying one? I tried home depot but had no luck!
posted by austinlee to Home & Garden (5 answers total)
It could be a simple tie or strap—basically a piece of sheet metal with holes in it used to attach things to other things—turned back onto itself and fastened. Some of them are definitely too thick to bend properly, but I seem to recall seeing some that would suit this purpose.
posted by wemayfreeze at 11:03 AM on October 13, 2007

Those are just strap iron, I doubt anyone makes them specifically. Your local big-box home store will have rolls of the stuff. Get a pair of tin snips and you should be set. Just use a short bolt with a nut to secure the curled portion back down against the stem so you're not relying on the metal's stiffness to keep the curl. (Strap iron is supposed to be flexible.)
posted by Myself at 11:03 AM on October 13, 2007

Those are a type of gate strap or hinge.
Any reasonably-stocked hardware store should have them, especially out near the country.

Any Tractor Supply stores near you?
I'm pretty sure my local Lowes and Menards carries them.
posted by Thorzdad at 11:03 AM on October 13, 2007

Not sure how big your sign is, but something like this or this might work.
posted by stuboo at 12:02 PM on October 13, 2007

This sign supply site might have some pre-fab something-or-other in their pdf catalog.
posted by JulianDay at 12:06 PM on October 13, 2007

« Older How do I deal with the depression stemming from a...   |   What's this short film? Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.